Asia’s biggest and finest aviation exhibition is back! The Singapore Airshow, a biennial event launched in 2008, will be back next year from 11 to 16 February at the Changi Exhibition Centre! Can’t begin to say how excited I am for this because (1) yes I’m an aviation fan and have not missed a single Airshow since it’s launched, and (2) a bit off topic but it’ll mean we’re just less than one month away from our wedding! LOL
Ok, back to topic.
For those wondering, the Singapore Airshow is a trade and partnership exhibition platform for those involved in the aviation industry. Defence partnerships, trade deals and aviation agreements are formed during the trade days of the show, which will run next year from 11 to 14 February. And for you to get up close and personal to local and foreign military fighter jets, luxury aircrafts and even cargo planes, the show will be opened to public on the weekend, which is on 15 and 16 February.
Previous years’ Airshows have seen a few special appearances…
1) Airbus brought in their (then) new A380 during the Singapore Airshow 2008 before it was launched into service. F-WWOW also made a low altitude fly past during the aerial display.
2) During the 2010 show, the Airbus A330-200F was also brought in, albeit only for trade days (if I didn’t remember wrongly). Members of the media and registered delegates had the opportunity to take a tour of the A332.
3) Singapore Airshow 2012 saw the most number of interesting aircrafts brought in, the highlight for the public being the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner (seen below coming in on final approach to Changi Air Base).
4) Making a special fly-around during the aerial display was also a United States Air Force B52.
5) Royal Air Force also brought in their A330 MRTT for trade purposes.
6) And of course, a farewell tribute to our good old Megatop, the Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-400 (9V-SPO pictured here). The 747 series was decommissioned in 2012, with most routes replaced by the new Airbus A380.
Interested to get a glimpse of aircrafts like that? Whether you’re an aviation geek/fan or not, there’re countless activities planned for you at the show grounds, as well as lucky draws and even interactive booths (such as flight simulators) for you to try out your piloting skills!
Remember to grab your tickets now for the Singapore Airshow 2014!
Tickets are now on sale for 15 and 16 February 2014 at the following prices:
Adult: S$22 per entry
Children: S$9 per entry
(Admission is free for children below 3 years of age)
If you’re travelling in a group or going as a family, check out their group package which comprises of 4 entry tickets and 1 car park label for only S$144.
See ya there!